Saturday, January 29, 2011

Quick Update

Just wanted to post a quick follow up to my last post.

Today Chad's boss shared how he went home from work Wednesday night and shared with his family how he had made Jesus Lord of his life. He said his kids told him how they'd been praying their parents would take them to church. He has already invited other couples who are friends of their family to come to our first church service. (date, time and location to be announced)

Yesterday, after driving through "Apartment CIty", we finally found a complex with a three bedroom apartment available. Chad parked the car in front of the office and went in get a floor plan sheet. While I was waiting for him in the car I noticed a little girl sneaking around the corner and into the leasing office. I watched as she came and went from the office three times. Chad came back to the car and I asked him if he saw the little girl. He said they had a plate of cookies on the counter and she was sneaking one every time.

The manager told us there are 1,000 units and an estimated 4,000 residents! Once we get settled into our home we plan to introduce ourselves to them.

We're excited to share about what God is doing and will be sending out a newsletter at the end of February. If you or anyone you know would like to be on our mailing list please email your address to me at polkst2@me.com.

Finally, I'd like to thank all of you who have been reading my blogs. I wouldn't post it all except I feel compelled to share these difficult times. When the victories come you all can rejoice with us. We know many of you are also working through hard times right now and trusting in God to come though. I hope to also be an encouragement to you.

Now, I'm going to sleep. :) Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment